The purpose of the Alliance for International Monasticism is
- To foster alliances and communication between and among monasteries throughout the world, in order to educate one another to local, cultural, and global issues
- To form linkages among monasteries for the sake of ongoing cooperation and support
- To strengthen developing communities so that they can make meaningful contributions to the societies in which they exist and to the development of global peace and human community
- To help first world communities respect, appreciate, and learn from developing monasteries
- To provide monetary assistance in the form of grants and Mass stipends
- To provide educational assistance in the form of books and newsletters
AIM USA is governed by a Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees is composed of nine members who represent male and female, Cistercian and Benedictine monasteries. The prioress/abbot of the hosting monastery is a non-voting Board member as is the executive director. The Board of Trustees meets annually.
Visit the website of AIM, parent organization of AIM USA.